1. Ex Crosville Bristol LH DBY 303 (OCA 630P) in Bugibba. One of a dozen bus LHs still in use.
2. Rebulit Swift DBY 305 (EGN 244J) departs Bugibba BS, currently being prepared for the new regime.
3. A very smart AEC Mercury with Tonna body climbs out of Mellieha.
4. Bedford YRQ/Duple DBY 310 (LBU 153L) departs Valletta bus terminal. This is to become a world heritage site and be
pedestrianised I understand. Probably much more appropriate but many photographic opportunities will be lost.
5. There are several Lynxes, all either ex Preston or WMPTE. DBY 315 (G168 EOG) is in St. Julian's,
home of the only skyscraper on the island.
6. This is a 1955 AEC Reliance (new as HWH 450) with a locally built Debono body 14 years newer than the chassis.
7. YLQ/Duple DBY 339 (JWU 461V) arrives at the small fishing village of Marsaxlokk.
8. Albion Clydesdale with Brincat bodywork.
9. All departures from Valletta leave via Floriana, a good place to be for the sun around 1600 - 1700 hrs. This is an
AEC Mercury with Farrugia body.
10. Less exotic is Volvo B6/Alexander DBY 364 (M512 TRA) heading for the Gozo Ferry passing through Xemxija Bay.
11. Amazingly, this is a 1938 Reo Speedwagon - yes, 73 years old! The body is by Aquilina, rebuilt by Sammut in 1955.
12. Bedford SBO/Debono at Rabat.
13. GMC with Tonna body, rebuilt by Xeureb in 1954.
14. Leyland TS4 of unknown origin on 1965 Debono body.
15. Leyland PSU1/15 with 1974 Aquilina body at Senglea, one of the three cities.
16. Ford R192/Plaxton DBY 405 (VYC 869M) climbs out of Golden Bay.
17. Ghadira Bay offers a splendid sandy beach and is well served by bus. DBY 418 (RRR 905R) is a Bedford YLQ/Plaxton Supreme.
18. Leyland Hippo woth Scarnif body in Mosta.
19. Swift/Park Royal DBY 420 (EGN 427J) with the Mosta dome in the background.
20. Still looking very much a Swift, Marshall-bodied DBY 426 (AML 15H) in Ghadira Bay.
21. Ex M&D Leopard/Marshall DBY 427 (GKE 457L) in Floriana.
22. Dodge/Casha DBY 428 shortly after leaving Valletta.
23. YLQ/Plaxton DBY 442 (RGS 98R) in Birkirkara on a 49 to Bugibba, seen amidst festival decorations.
24. A relatively recent arrival on the island is DBY 451 (D136 XVW), a Bedford YMQ/Plaxton Derwent II, seen in Mosta. It was new to
Hedingham & District.
25. Described as a Maltese Bedford (?!) with Farrugia bodywork, in Bugibba.
26. Bedford SB with Brincat body, in St. Paul's Bay.
27. One of four Darts, two Plaxton and two East Lancs. Where else can you travel on a stick-box Dart?
28. Bedford SB with Borg body in Mosta.